Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Welcome

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of you into our classroom. I am so excited to begin our year together. I have spent my summer getting ready for our year and have a few things that you may find helpful before we meet on August 29th for orientation with your family.

Feel free to click to hear one of my favorite stories

I hope that by seeing and listening to me you will be a little more comfortable on our first day together. 

Parents if you would like to sign up for our closed Twitter feed that would be a great way of looking into our classroom and some of our exciting daily adventures. I try to post at least once a day if not more. This is a closed site meaning that no one is allowed to view unless they have my permission. I only provide access to moms and dads so that photos are not viewable to anyone else. You must request to be a member and then I will approve you once I see your request. You do need a Twitter account but it is free and you don't need to do anything other than follow our classroom.



This is our classroom supply list. We will share all supplies so there is no need to put students names on them. 
*erasable twistable colored pencils
*short twistable crayons
*shoe box size clear with lid (from dollar store)
*plain drawing note pad (Please write your child's name on this pad)
*changeable markers
*Small package of Ticonderoga pencils (these last the longest of all pencils)
Please choose two items (or more if you like) from the below list
*washable Bingo Dabbers (dot painters)

*playdough eg. set of six colors regular size
*gel FX crayons by Crayola
*bright colored Expo Whiteboard markers
*scented markers
*wooden clothes pins
*zip lock baggies gallon and quart


If you could please bring in a photo of your child and with his or her family the first day of school that would be helpful. I find that sometimes it helps them with their transition if they are feeling a bit homesick.

If there are other email addresses that should be added to my mailing list please send those to me so I can have the most up to date mailing.

Lastly, this is our agenda for orientation you and your child will attend on August 29th.
Kindergarten Orientation Day August 29, 2016

9:30-9:45-Go to child’s classroom teacher and drop off supplies.
9:45-10:15-children stay with classroom teacher parents go to gym
10:15-10:30-children go to bus ride and Ed. Techs do playground rules parents go to classroom teacher
10:30-11:00-Families go to lunchroom for chat and snack through the line with lunch codes.
11:00- play on playground with families.

 On August 30th your child will begin their new journey with me in our classroom for the full day.

Please let me know of any email addresses that have been changed or perhaps ones that I should add. I can't wait to meet you all and please feel free to email me with any questions. I look forward to a wonderful year together.



Jacqueline Durant-Harthorne, M.S. Ed.
Kindergarten Teacher
Narragansett School
Room 10

No comments:

Post a Comment